Ph.D in Mass Communication
SVU is one of the best universities for a PhD in Mass Communication, which is the topmost degree in this field of study, with a course duration of 3 years, and involves thorough research and study in communication and media, and can be pursued in various areas like Communication Methodology, Communication Theory, Communication Research, etc., being an integral and inseparable part of the democratic society of the nation, Media and Mass Communication need to be given a lot of emphasis and importance. It is regarded as the fourth pillar of our democracy. A wide range of subjects can be studied under the Mass Communication Program that covers the areas like Print, Electronic, and Online Journalism, Specialized field of news reporting with special emphasis on news production, Electronic and News Media, Media System, Concepts of the Role of News in Societal Journalism, History of Journalism and Management, etc.
Courses Offered Under PhD in Mass Communication Program:
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Mass Communication
- The candidate must have a minimum of 55% Marks in PG for Gen. /OBC and 50% for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) layer / differently-abled category candidates as per govt. rules.
- NET/GATE/SLET/SET qualified candidates will be exempted from CET as per UGC norms.
- Registration Fees = Rs. 2000/-
- Programme Fees = Rs. 45000/- (Per Semester)
- Examination and Viva Fees = Rs. 30000/-