- The candidate walks-ins for enquiry of the courses.
- Counseling is being provided by the University’s Counselors for detail of courses.
- If interested, the candidate may purchases/Fill the admission form either by on line or by Self in University campus:-
- (a) Online form shall be purchased or filled on our website – By depositing Rs. 1000/- in our payment gateway.
- (b) Physical Admission form can also be purchased from the Admission Dept. – By paying Rs. 1000/- cash/ DD/ Digital Transaction.
- (c) The receipt generated for this deposition will be in triplicate out of which one is for the students copy and other two is for the accounts and admission dept. of the university.
- The admission in all courses are through SVU Common Entrance Test (SVUCET) and Merit cum Viva-Voce.
- The SVUCET schedule is notified in the admission notification. However, in some of the courses, admission will be merit based. For admission in MBA course, Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) will also be conducted in addition SVUCET. Other national level entrance test such as AIEEE, CAT, MAT, XAT, GATE, GPAT, etc. will also be considered for the purpose of admission.
- Admission in all Masters Courses will be offered on the base of Academic Record of candidate.
- Admission in Ph.D courses will be done on the basis of Academic Record, Entrance Test and Personnel Interview.
- Aspirants must have a Master’s Degree with minimum 55% marks (5% relaxation for SC/ST and Physically Handicapped) in the subject concerned to fulfill eligibility criterion for admission to Ph.D. program.
- Application for admission in the prescribed form is available at the office of the Registrar or may be download from the website of the university.www.svu.edu.in The duly filled application with desired enclosures and draft should be sent to “The Registrar, Shri Venkateshwara University, NH-24, Rajabpur, Gajraula, Dist.- Amroha-244236 (U.P.)” or can be directly submitted at the university.
- The university shall admit Ph.D. students only through an entrance test called Shri Venkateshwara University Common Entrance Test (SVUCET) for Ph.D. and M. Phil program. The question paper will comprise of 50 multiple choice questions for 50 marks; and descriptive type questions for 50 marks.
- SVUCET shall be followed by a Personal Interview / Personal Discussion (Pre RDC). The national scholarship holder/NET qualifier are exempted from Entrance Test.
- For Downloading Application Form Click Here
General Guidelines For Ph.D Aspirants
- The synopsis should be prepared as per the instructions / format given by the university at the time of personal Interview / personal discussion. During RDC an aspirant has to make presentation in presence of Committee and answer the queries.
- The members of the RDC will scrutinize the synopsis of the proposed research work and decide whether the proposed research work needs some modification, deserves rejection or is suitable and likely to give results of substantial importance.
- The candidate should submit six monthly progress reports to the university through their supervisor.
- The candidates should undergo course work for a minimum period of one semester. It is mandatory to qualify course work examination for writing the dissertation (as per the UGC Regulations for Ph.D., 2009).
- Minimum attendance required to become eligible to appear in the qualifying examination shall be 75% in each subject.
- Prior to appearing in pre – Ph.D. presentation, the candidate should have published minimum two research papers in journals of repute or journals which are referred or indexed.
- One publication should be in international and other one in national journal.
- Prior to the submission of the thesis, the candidate shall make a pre – Ph.D. presentation in the department that may be open to all faculty members and research students, for getting feedback and comments, which may be suitably incorporated into the draft thesis under the advice of the supervisor.
- After scrutinizing the fulfillment of all the conditions laid down in the ordinances, the submitted thesis shall be sent to three examiners.
- On receipt of the satisfactory recommendations from all the examiners, the candidate shall be required to appear before the viva-voce panel of examiners.
- After completing the laid down procedure, successful viva-voce examination and approval of the Academic Council, the University shall provide Provisional Degree Certificate.
The University reserves all the rights to withdraw the degree or cancellation of registration of the candidate at any time, in case the thesis submitted by the candidate is found to contain false or pirated results or if it has been established that a part or whole of the thesis has been copied or produced as a replica of the contents from already published work(s) or from unpublished work(s) for which degree(s) has (have) already been awarded, which may tantamount to plagiarism.
- Branch / Specialization wise details of student’s intake for every course shall be provided by the Registrar office for the admission in session 2020-21.
- Admission in Ph.D shall be based on the availability of research guide and number of seats.
- It is the exclusive right of the university to hold/ cancel the admission in any course of specialization/branch.
The University provides scholarships to deserving and meritorious students enrolling for Undergraduate Programmes. The criteria of entitlement for scholarship are as follows:-
75% tuition fee exemption to students securing 90% and above in 10 + 2. The same criteria is applicable for subsequent examinations on yearly basis.
Meritorious Student Scholarship
25% of tuition fee exemption to students who secured 85% and above in 10 + 2. A chair would be instituted in each faculty. The topper of each faculty is reimbursed tuition fees for 1 full year by the respective chair. The First such chair has been instituted in the Faculty of Engineering & Technology in the name of Shri Shiv Kumar Giri, Father of Chancellor Sudhir Giri.
Extra-Curricular Excellence Scholarship
One student for each faculty, adjudged for excellence in extra curricular activities like sports, oratory, presentation, cultural activity etc., will be 50% of the tuition fee.