Ph.D in Agriculture
With the growing need, for food and fibre production and processing, many agricultural movements like organic foods, farm-to-table, going vegan, focusing on high fibre foods, etc. have developed. With the improvement of agricultural productivity relating to quality as well as quantity, development of new pesticides, research about yield-sensing technologies, etc. the requirement for Agriculture Science courses has grown largely. SVU is one of the best university for a PhD in Agriculture Sciences, it enables the students to gain detailed knowledge and skills, required to pursue good research. The program is research-centric, and all students must complete an original research thesis in their field of study. The thesis has to be defended in front of a panel of jury members. It is a 3-year program and the candidates can specialize in areas like Agribusiness Management, Agriculture, Agronomy, etc.
Courses Offered Under PhD in Agriculture Sciences Program:
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Agriculture
- The candidate must have a minimum of 55% Marks in PG for Gen. /OBC and 50% for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) layer / differently-abled category candidates as per govt. rules.
- NET/GATE/SLET/SET qualified candidates will be exempted from CET as per UGC norms.
- Registration Fees = Rs. 2000/-
- Tuition Fees = Rs. 45000/- (Per Semester)
- Examination and Viva Fees = Rs. 30000/-