WILP is a set of educational programs designed in such a way that they can be easily integrated into your work life. These programs help you gain cutting-edge knowledge and expertise in the field of study you decide to take up. It is perfect for highly driven and ambitious engineers and management professionals. Staying informed with the altering and evolving technology is not easy unless you are constantly in touch with the changing trends. A WILP provides you with the necessary know-how about the industry while you continue to work and earn from your current job.
There are many reasons due to which we have to give up on our dream to study after completing our bachelor’s. A major reason is the finances, as pursuing higher education can be quite expensive. But with the provision of Work Integrated Learning Programs (WILP) you can now fulfill your dream of studying further, while you can continue working and also pay for your studies. The WILP programs are comparatively more affordable than a regular graduation or post-graduation program. And the provision for pursuing diploma courses is also there.
An overview of the WILP
Work Integrated Learning Programs are specially introduced with an approach to help the working professionals gain much-needed industry-oriented knowledge, and also to facilitate individuals to enhance their skills and match pace with the changing industrial trends. A large number of institutes in India are now incorporating WILP programs in their curriculum, with the growing need for quality education, this step has proven to be very beneficial. Earlier, only highly developed nations like the US and Europe were indoctrinating WILPs but now the WILPs in India have also gained a lot of popularity.
Is taking up a WILP beneficial?
If you talk about the benefits of a WIL program then it does have many benefits along with a few challenges and you should only take up a WILP if you are genuinely keen to up-skill and re-skill, because you need to have a strong drive to study after slogging at your workplace all day. Apart from this, there are a number of benefits attached with a WILP, like:
You can get a professional degree without compromising on your working hours. You are learning while earning, and you don’t even have to depend on anyone for sponsoring your studies. It makes you self-reliant and independent.
The best part of a WILP is that these programs are designed, keeping in mind the working-study balance of an individual, the classes are held after the office hours of professionals, enabling them to finish their office work and then study without any stress.
Having a professional degree under your name is never a bad idea, and with a good degree or diploma your chances of getting recruited in better places also increase, and so do your pay packages.
The trends in the technical and corporate industries are ever-changing with new innovations and advancements, staying up to date with the industry standards proves to be highly advantageous for working professionals, as they are always updated with the market trends. WILPs follow a very industry-oriented syllabus that will give you the necessary insights and in-depth knowledge of the industry you want to venture into.
There are a number of soft and hard skills that the industry demands, and to match pace with the competitive industrial challenges, you need to hone these skills from time to time. Along with your current skills, a WILP can help you improve and develop new skills and learn new techniques.
Which is the best university for pursuing WILP in India?
There are many elite institutes and multinational companies that have provisions of WILPs for working professionals.
Shri Venkateshwara University is one of the Best private universities in Meerut, UP for pursuing WILP. It is a renowned university, affiliated with UGC, and offers a plethora of Diploma, UG, and PG courses for working professionals under the WILP section.
The courses offered under the WILP at Shri Venkateshwara University are as follows:
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE)
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
Electrical Machines and Drives
VLSI and Embedded Systems
Communications and Signal Processing
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML)
Internet of Things (IoT)
Education Methodology followed at (SVU) for WILP:
- All the classes are held in the evening from 6 pm to 9 pm, to make sure that the working professionals can easily attend the lectures after work.
- Keeping in mind the safety and convenience of the candidates, all the classes are online.
- The study material is provided to the candidates in various formats like Text, video lecture, audio, etc. The students will also be provided with recordings of the lectures.
- The performance of the candidates is constantly assessed and evaluated through various quizzes, assignments, etc.
- The candidates of the final semester work on a final project, where they apply the concepts learned in the sessions, under the guidance of their mentors.
- Staying informed about the new and varying industrial trends.
- Scope of better career opportunities.
- A well-maintained work-study balance.
- Professional and personal growth through enhancement of soft skills.
- Learning from the educational and industrial experts. We have faculties from the most prestigious institutes like IITs and IIMs, with proven excellence in their areas of knowledge.
- Extensive industry-oriented curriculum.
- Development of professional capabilities and decision-making skills.
Advantages of taking up a WILP at SVU:
If you are planning to enhance your skills and want to explore different industries, or want to become better in your current field then a WILP is surely a very good option for you. With the help of WILP from a recognized university like SVU you can discover a whole new world of opportunities and have a stable and secure future for yourself and your family.